What we collect
Rahoo may collect personally identifiable information from you in various ways, including from an online, retail or telephone purchase; when you contact us for support; when you visit a Rahoo website; when you share information voluntarily; when you submit warranty information; by signing up for our mailing lists; from a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank); when you enter a sweepstake or giveaway, and; when you apply for a position with us.
The collected information falls into the following categories:
- identifiers (e.g., name, postal address, email address, phone number or similar identifiers)
- information that identifies, relates to or is capable of being associated with a particular individual (e.g., credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, health insurance information or similar information)
- commercial information (e.g., records of products purchased or purchasing histories and tendencies);
- internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history, information about a consumer’s interaction with a website);
- geolocation data (e.g., physical location or movements)
- sensory data (e.g., audio, electronic, or similar information)
- characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law (e.g., medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy or childbirth or similar information)
- professional or employment related information
- information drawn from any of the above to create a consumer profile that includes personal preferences, interests, trends or similar information.
What we do with the information we gather
We may require this information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- for product, warranty or service fulfillment
- to satisfy the reason for which the information was provided
- to improve our products, customer service and marketing
- to improve our website and present its contents to you
- to provide you with email alerts or other notices regarding our products or news or special offers that may be of interest to you
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered into between you and us, including billing and collections
- for testing, research, analysis and product development
- to share with third party service providers for business purposes
- to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of others
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or government regulations
- in connection with the purchase or sale of the company or any of its assets, such as when personal information held by us is among the assets transferred
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites: Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if the information you supply will be used for direct marketing purposes you will find a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for such purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including email marketing communications), you may change your mind and opt out at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not sell, lease or rent your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you and request that we make corrections to any inaccuracies in our records that pertain to your personal information.
If you have any questions about this notice or wish to obtain a copy of the personal information about you that is in our possession, please call us at339-526-4088, email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
15 Maple Ave, Scituate MA
Attn: Privacy Compliance
Special Notice for California Residents
If you reside in California, you may have the right, after submitting a verified request to:
- Know the categories of personal information we collect about you
- Know whether your personal information was sold or disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, including for direct marketing purposes by third parties, during the immediately preceding calendar year
- Know the identity of the third parties that received your personal information for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year
- Seek deletion of your personal information maintained by us
- Opt-out of the sale of your personal information
- Access your personal information and to a portable copy of your data
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights
- Obtain notification of your rights
15 Maple Ave, Scituate MA
Attn: Privacy Compliance
The information you supply to Rahoo must be accurate and complete before Rahoo can respond. Rahoo may not be able to disclose information if it cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the date of the verified request.
Effective as of May 1, 2021